Friday, April 15, 2016

Time Well Spent

This is it!  I have reached the end of my graduate studies!  Soon I will be holding my Master of Science in Early Childhood Studies degree in my hands!




This has been an incredible journey!  One thing I have learned is about leadership.  I have learned what defines a good leader and what type of leader I am.  My leadership skills have grown and will continue to grow and strengthen.



Another thing I have learned about is advocacy.  When I started graduate school, I knew about advocacy, but I was unsure of what role it would play in my life.  As I conclude graduate school, I have learned that I am quite passionate about advocating for what I believe in.



Finally, I have learned that life is enhanced by continued learning.  Although my formal education is ending, I will continue to seek out new learning opportunities.  I can only continue to grow and develop through learning.



Goals, both short-term and long-term, are an important part of life's journey.  As I am currently midway through my life's journey, one long term goal I have is to make a difference through educating others and advocating for play and learning.





We have reached the adjourning stage!  I have truly appreciated the discussions and feedback with my professors and colleagues.  I have felt supported by all of you throughout this learning adventure!


5 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I love your quotes. We did learned a lot in our courses. It has been great working with you. Be successful in all your endeavors.
    Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    You shared get quotes and I want to take this moment to thank you for sharing your knowledge of what you learned and what we shared together through this course. I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your journey.
    Keep in touch I am only a email away!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    I laughed as soon as I saw your "keep calm" message near the top of your post. Your playfulness is evident all the way to the end of our program! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas with all of us. It has been a pleasure taking this journey with you. I wish you the best as you continue working (and playing) on behalf of young children and families. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer! I really love all your quotes, especially the one about dirty feet, messy hair and sparkling eyes and you dancing! I join you in a happy dance! Thanks for the memories and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the opening graphic! It made me laugh too.. I really could have used that a few weeks ago =) It looks like many of us got a lot out of the leadership and advocacy pieces. Good luck in the future!!! I would love to collaborate with you!
    Brandi
    bls20999@creighton.edu

    ReplyDelete