Saturday, October 18, 2014

NAEYC's Code of Ethical Conduct

Early childhood education professionals should know and follow NAEYC's Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.  The code addresses ethical responsibilities to children, families, colleagues, and to community and society.  The code includes ideals and principles.  I would like to share a few of the ideals today.

I-1.3 - To recognize and respect the unique qualities, abilities, and potential of each child.

Children need to be seen and taught as individuals.  Each child has their own way of processing information and their own style of learning.

I-2.2 - To develop relationships of mutual trust and create partnerships with the families we serve.

I firmly believe that in order for the child to be successful we need to establish a good relationship and open lines of communication with each family.

I-3A.2 - To share resources with co-workers, collaborating to ensure that the best possible early childhood care and education program is provided.

Collaboration and team work are essential to any early childhood program.

I-4.6 - To promote knowledge and understanding of young children and their needs.  To work towards greater societal acknowledgement of children's rights and greater social acceptance of responsibility for the well-being of all children.

Early childhood professionals need to advocate for the early childhood education field.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I-3A.2- This code is very important because everyone who has a hand in working with young children can learn from each other. Sharing resources and information not only helps the early childhood professional, but also helps the child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I really like I-1.3. I think educators can quickly forget this about children. I even have to remind myself that my expectations cannot be the exact same for very child. I feel when I have done this, all I really wanted to see was the student succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    I agree with the code I-3A.2, it is very important that we share all the information that we learn with our fellow co-workers. When, I learn something different at a training or in our Special Services Staff Development, I always take the information that we learn and share it with my teachers and also the parents. I thrive to make sure all the children lives that, I come in contact with succeed.

    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer I agree that sharing resources with co-workers and collaborating to ensure that the best possible early childhood care and education is provided is a key component to the success of a program.


    Tiphany R

    ReplyDelete