Saturday, August 22, 2015

Professional Hopes and Goals

Diversity and equity work is a continual process of learning and growing.  My hope is that all of the children and families who come from diverse backgrounds that I work with will work with me to build relationships and feel supported.  We are all working to ensure that children are successful as they grow and learn.



As I continue to work in the early childhood field, one of my goals will be to continue to personally work with anti-bias education.  Professionally, I would like to help other early childhood educators become more self-aware.  In my current position, I am already working to set up trainings for our teachers that focus on anti-bias education and diversity in early childhood classrooms.

 




Thank you to my colleagues for being open, for rich discussions, for sharing ideas, and for providing an environment of support!


1 comment:

  1. I believe that continued learning and understanding is the best way for this. Knowledge is power and it is very strong. If we continue educating ourselves and also understanding families better, we can work on making sure the future looks bright. Having strong relationship with families help with this goal. Thank you for your post these past few weeks!

    ReplyDelete