Saturday, March 7, 2015

Connecting with Early Childhood Professionals and Expanding Resources

I took to searching the Internet when NAEYC's global alliance page refused to open and I was lucky enough to find e-mail addresses for two early childhood associationa.  I have reached out to early childhood professionals in Australia through the Australian Early Childhood Education Network and to early childhood professionals at the State Institute of Early Childhood Education and Research in Munich, Germany.  It would be great to share and communicate with early childhood professionals from other countries.  I am anxiously awaiting their replies.

In addition to reaching out to early childhood professionals, I have decided to study the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators organiuzation and web site.  Their home page states, "NAECTE members are people from all across the United States and from countries around the globe. We are joined together by our common interest in Early Childhood Teacher Education (http://www.naecte.org)."  In their puepose statements they state that they advocate for improvements in early childhood teacher education and they provide a communication network for early childhood teacher educators (http://www.naecte.org).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Your off to a great start!!! The Australian Early Childhood Education and Research sounds very interesting, I look forward to hearing more information about this organization. I hope that you receive the connections and replies that you hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    I am excited to read any information that you will share with us from the professional contacts that you chose. I did some research on The Global Fund for Children which is located in Haiti, The International Step by Step Association located in Europe and Central Asia and Harlem Children's Zone which is located in Harlem, New York. The steps that I took were I had to subscribe to their email list and I had to leave a comment on why I was requesting information about their Early Childhood Program and I have started receiving newsletters from each one of them.
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    That is great that you found other sites when NAEYC page was not working for you. It seems you have found educators from Australia and Germany. I hope that someone will contact you so you are able to share information that you have received from them. It will be interesting to compare these two countries with America.

    ReplyDelete